Tuesday 20 December 2011

My First Review - Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil Soap Bar
Ingredients: Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride
Price in Canadian Dollars: 3.99-4.49
Where to Buy Canada: Well.ca
Where to Buy US & International: Amazon.com; kissmyface.com
The Honest Consumer Rating: 9.5/10

I found this brand by accident about three years ago or so at a local grocery store. (This brand can also be found online). It was the early days of my quest to find "all natural products" and so I was rather naive in terms of ingredients to watch out for. However, this soap has surprisingly few ingredients, and does the job WELL. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and I find that most BAR soaps tend to leave my skin a little too dry and tight, and most often leave a nasty chalky film afterwards. Kiss My Face Soap doesn't leave me with that "tight" feeling, while doing a really good job of getting that "squeaky clean." It also does not leave a chalky film. I use it primarily as a body soap and not for my hands for the simple reason, that I do hate using any bar soap for my hands, as they all seem to get gunky and gross, leave nasty blobs all over the place and get caught in the crevices of my rings. The way I use this soap is, and I really never understood how anyone can shower without a loofah - but I guess you meet all types ;) - I just get out either a soft loofah, or sometimes a harsher loofah, you know the kind that looks like its made out of straw, (by the way, did you know looofah, comes from the Arabic word Luffa - a type of Gourd or squash like vegetable/fruit and that loofahs are actually in some cases made from these Gourd, by removing everything except the vine-y fibres!) So where was I? Right, so I scrub some soap on to the loofah, and it makes a really good lather, and then I rub it on my skin in a circular motion. The soap bar is HUGE and lasts a long time! All over, I would give this product a 9.5 rating, the only drawback being that it dos after a while become really mushy on the surface and you'll find a small blob or two falling in the tub. But I guess without all those harmful chemicals, the soap lacks synthetic super cohesion. This to me, is nothing, but I put it in there, because well, I am the honest reviewer and want to include every little detail that catches my eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment